Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fear






Greetings
I hope this finds you the reader and art seeker doing well in the day to day grind of life.
Here are some of my latest paintings celebrating Day of the Dead for Cannibals Gallery and a piece I created for the Fear show at Launchpad gallery in Portland, Oregon. The painting is called Reverend Mother and refers to the sisterhood of the Bene Gesserit from the book Dune by Frank Herbert. The book was first published in 1965.
One of my favorite poems is in the beginning of the book Dune. It is called The Litany Against Fear.
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
http://launchpadgallery.org/facing-fear/
http://www.cannibalsgallery.webs.com/
Enjoy,
Jason Berlin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting- I had a piece of that quote as one of my faves:
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer...
nice to read the quote in whole!