Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dim Sum



Greetings
I first tried Dim Sum when I was twenty and I have been a fan ever since.
I have eaten dim sum in London, New York, San Francisco, Vancouver BC, Seattle and Portland, Oregon. My two favorite places for Dim Sum are both in the Pacific Northwest. Number one on my list is the Chinagate restaurant in Seattle, Washington. Dim Sum is served daily and on the weekends it is packed with locals families from Chinatown and Seattle it self. On Saturdays and Sunday there can be a bit of a wait to get a table around lunch time but I find it never is that long. This is a fun place to take friends and family. http://chinagate.cwok.com/ 516 Seventh Ave S Seattle, WA 98104. (206-624-1730)
My second favorite Dim Sum restaurant is House of Louie in Portland Oregon at 331 Northwest Davis Street (503-228-9898) in OldTown. This is the spot for Dim Sum in Portland period. On Sundays around two in the afternoon you can find your self waiting up to twenty minutes to get a table. The wait is worth it just for their paper ginger chicken. It is a constant stream of stainless steel Dim Sum carts full of mouth watering goodies all hiding under metal steamers. Both restaurants offer a Dim Sum menu that can be ordered off any time. I hope you enjoy my new Dim Sum paintings from the House of Louie.
Wishing you all the best and I hope happy Dim Sum eating.
Jason Berlin.

No comments: